h2ope is a fun, community outreach aquatic fitness program for children with special needs.
h2ope provides an alternative recreational activity to help meet physical, cognitive, and psychosocial needs.
our emphasis is on providing a safe, fun, non-competitive and successful experience to improve physical and mental health.
classes are held at the
harris aquatic center-heb and
please note that h2ope is grant-funded. there is no cost for the parents or guardians!
- decrease tone and spasms
- decrease weight bearing on joints
- decrease tactile stimulus
- increase relaxation
- increase range of motion
- increase confidence
- increase self esteem
- shared family fun
- involuntary diarrhea or bowel incontinence
- severe dermatological problems
- fever over 100 f
supervision will include
- trained and certified aquatic staff
- guardian or caretaker participates in the water with the child
steps to attend
- obtain physician approval and medical release form
- must have a physician signature with ok to participate.
- mail in physician approval and keep a copy to bring to class or fax physician's release to 817-267-0207; attention julie hillis.
- register by calling 817-649-swim (7946) or by email
classes are 40 minutes on saturdays at harris and sundays at presbyterian
now offered at two locations:
harris aquatic center-heb
251 westpark way
euless, tx 76040
5721 phoenix drive
dallas, tx 75231
mail physician approval/medical release to:
different strokes swim school
box 601, bedford, tx 76095