H2OPE is a fun, community outreach aquatic fitness program for Children with Special Needs.
H2OPE provides an alternative recreational activity to help meet physical, cognitive, and psychosocial needs.
Our emphasis is on providing a safe, fun, non-competitive and successful experience to improve physical and mental health.
Classes are held at the
Harris Aquatic Center-HEB and
Please note that H2OPE is grant-funded. There is no cost for the parents or guardians!
- Decrease Tone and Spasms
- Decrease Weight Bearing on Joints
- Decrease Tactile Stimulus
- Increase Relaxation
- Increase Range of Motion
- Increase Confidence
- Increase Self Esteem
- Shared Family Fun
- Involuntary Diarrhea or Bowel Incontinence
- Severe Dermatological Problems
- Fever Over 100 F
Supervision Will Include
- Trained and Certified Aquatic Staff
- Guardian or Caretaker Participates in the water with the child
Steps To Attend
- Obtain Physician Approval and Medical Release Form
- Must have a Physician Signature with OK to Participate.
- Mail in Physician Approval and keep a copy to bring to class OR Fax Physician's Release to 817-267-0207; attention Julie Hillis.
Classes are 40 minutes on Saturdays at Harris and Sundays at Presbyterian
Now offered at two locations:
Harris Aquatic Center-HEB
251 Westpark Way
Euless, TX 76040
5721 Phoenix Drive
Dallas, TX 75231
Mail Physician Approval/Medical Release to:
Different Strokes Swim School
Box 601, Bedford, TX 76095